Yo conocía los documentales de la Warner That's Entertainment!, pero estos parecen producidos por otra gente.
Y son más modernos obviamente.
Hollywood Singing And Dancing: A Musical History / DVD-Video
Standard 1.33:1 Color / Standard 1.33:1 B&W / Production Year: 2008
Studio: E1 Entertainment | Release Date: 10/14/2008 | Length: 150 mins | Number of Discs: 2
Extras: Q&A With Shirley Jones And Director Mark McLaughlin, Unedited Interviews And Stories, Rare Archival Behind The Scenes Footage
DVD EXTRAS: Over 2 Hours of Bonus Materials
* Shirley Jones and Hollywood Singing and Dancing director, Mark McLaughlin, answer questions after the Hollywood premiere screening of the film at the Egyptian Theater on March 19th, 2008.
* Unedited interviews with many of the stars of Hollywood Singing and Dancing telling lengthy and interesting stories and behind-the-scenes tidbits. Includes Liza Minnelli talking about learning dance steps from Gene Kelly, Pat Boone on kissing Shirley Jones in April Love, Debbie Reynolds on her rocky relationship with Bob Fosse, Dom DeLuise tells hilarious stories about Mae West and much, much more.
* And She Learned About Dames (1934) – a rare promotional short film for the feature, Dames. A young lady wins a contest, which includes a trip to Hollywood and a tour of the Warner Brothers lot with Lyle Talbot. When she gets to the studio, all she wants to do is meet Dick Powell, the star of the new Warner Brothers film, Dames. During her search for Powell, she meets Busby Berkeley and the cast of the movie.
* Rare 1963 interview with Ruby Keeler – Ruby talks about her days making movies with Dick Powell and Busby Berkeley, how she got started dancing, how she got signed for “42nd Street,” working on “Gold Diggers of 1933” during a major earthquake, stories about her family and more. From a very rare 1963 television program called “Social Security in Action.”
* Betty Grable leads a cast of dancing damsels in “I’ll Be Marching to a Love Song,” a patriotic number from the short film, The All-Star Bond Rally (1945).
* Newsreel reporting the New York charity premiere of The King and I in 1956.
* Khrushchev in Hollywood – Russian Premier Nikita Khrushchev visits the Hollywood soundstage of Can-Can in 1959. He poses with Frank Sinatra, Shirley MacLaine and Louis Jourdan and watches a performance of the Can-Can by the cast of the movie.
* The World of Oliver – A behind-the-scenes documentary about turning the Charles Dickens classic into a musical spectacle. Fantastic footage of director Carol Reed working with the stars Oliver Reed, Ron Moody, Shani Wallis, Mark Lester, Jack Wild and the crew as they create the musical numbers for the film.
* How Thoroughly Modern Millie Got That Way – Revealing behind-the-scenes documentary on the set of the 1967 Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore film, Thoroughly Modern Millie. Great shots on the Universal backlots as the film is made are featured along with the art department, costume designers, choreographers and more.
* Newsreel of the New York World Premiere of “Thoroughly Modern Millie” in 1967. Stars Beatrice Lillie, Mary Tyler Moore, Carol Channing and James Fox attend along with many other celebrities.
* Interview with Richard Harris at the New York premiere of Camelot in 1967. Harris talks about his determination to get the role of King Arthur, his singing capabilities and his portrayal of the character.
* Barbra in Movieland – A behind-the-scenes documentary about shooting Funny Girl on location at the Jersey Central railroad station in Hoboken and at The Battery in NYC for the “Don’t Rain on My Parade” scene. Lots of great footage as Streisand, director William Wyler, and choreographer Herb Ross work out and shoot musical scenes.
El resto de la serie:
1. Hollywood Singing and Dancing: 1920s - The Dawn of the Hollywood Musical (2008) (V)
2. Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History (2008) (V)
3. Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History - The 1930s: Dancing Away the Great Depression (2009) (V)
4. Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History - The 1940s: Stars, Stripes and Singing (2009) (V)
5. Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical Treasure (2008) (TV)
6. Hollywood Singing & Dancing: A Musical History - 1950s (2009) (V)
7. Hollywood Singing & Dancing: A Musical History - 1960's (2009) (V)
8. Hollywood Singing & Dancing: A Musical History - 1970's (2009) (V)
9. Hollywood Singing & Dancing: A Musical History - 1980s, 1990s and 2000s (2009) (V)
10. Hollywood Singing & Dancing: Movies That Rocked 'n' Rolled (2009) (V)
0 subtítulos pero bueno, habría que ver si se consiguen por otro lado aparte de la Zona 1.
IMDB.COM: http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q=hollywo ... nd+dancing
Hollywood Singing and Dancing
DVD - Cameo Media
Fecha de salida: 19 Noviembre 200
Hollywood Singing and Dancing: A Musical History es el documental más completo hecho hasta ahora sobre las producciones musicales de Hollywood. Shirley Jones, ícono de la televisión y del cine, nos presenta esta celebración llena de canciones y bailes, comenzando por "El Cantor de Jazz" y continuando con "Chicago" y "Dreamgirls".
Características del DVD:
* Contenido: 1 Disco.
* Imagen: 1.77:1 4/3.
* Audio: Dolby Digital Stereo Inglés, Castellano.
* Subtítulos: Castellano.
EXTRAS: SIN EXTRAS.
http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name ... &sid=17793
Pena lo de los extras. Son jugosos los del Zona 1.